Some of you who have been with me since the beginning may know that I received a great Christmas gift from my husband last year. A Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree. I had it outside all summer and recently brought it indoors since the nighttime temperatures are consistently dipping below 50.
The good news is that I have 13 lemons which are finally starting to be ready to pick. Since I was heading out to an Octoberfest party tonight at my cousin’s house, I thought I’d make something with my very own home grown Meyer lemons.
Here’s what I came up with. A Meyer lemon crab salad appetizer served in phyllo cups that is super easy to make, delicious and healthy.
- 4 T fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 t grated Meyer lemon zest
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 large (1 c) mango finely diced
- ½ c finely diced red onion
- 4 T. cilantro finely chopped
- 3 packages of phyllo cups (15 each)
- Combine crabmeat, mango, onion and cilantro. In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the crabmeat mixture. Spoon into phyllo cups and serve.