This time of year is filled with parties. I often enjoy being able to contribute to the hosts by bringing a side dish or appetizer to help feed the crowd.
Recently I attended the 1st birthday of my nephew and brought this easy herbed cheese spread to share. To make it look festive I rolled it in some chopped flat leaf parsley adorned with a few edible flowers.
If cooking with edible flowers interests you, check out an old post I wrote about edible flowers here. There’s a lot of good information on how to use them and how to choose the best flowers.
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped herbs ( I like a combination of chives, basil, thyme & oregano)
- ½ c. finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Edible flowers rinsed and air dried (ex: pansy, viola, lavender, dandelion, tuberous begonias, sweet woodruff, chive flowers, any flowering herbs)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften.
- Place in a food processor with lemon juice and herbs.
- Blend well.
- Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove and carefully roll in the chopped parsley to cover.
- Carefully place on serving dish and garnish with edible flowers.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.