Starting today, and every Tuesday going forward, I will give you a short “Scoop” article featuring a plant, a great find or a useful tip.
This first Garden Matter Scoop features: Anemone hupehensis ‘September Charm’
Why I love it
- It’s just starting to bloom when everything else is on its way out.
- It has that airy, country-cottage feel that I love.
- It readily self-seeds, giving me more to love.
- It works great in arrangements.
- AKA Japanese Anemone
- Hardy to Zone 5 and heat tolerant to Zone 9
- 24-26″ tall
- 18″ wide
- Blooms in late summer/early fall
- Likes full sun to partial shade
- Needs average amount of water