This is my version of "Linguini with White Clam Sauce" using spaghetti and lots of parsley.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 15 oz can of baby clams
- 2-3 cloves garlic; crushed or grated
- 1 lemon
- 1 t. hot pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ - 1 c. parsley; finely chopped
- Start your pasta first. It only takes about 15 minutes to make the sauce.
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the clams juice and all to the pan.
- Add the juice of one lemon and grate in some of the zest.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper flakes and the parsley and mix well.
- Lift the cooked pasta right into the saucepan, letting extra pasta water come with it to make more sauce.
- Stir and transfer to a pasta bowl or serve as is.
- Have plenty of Parmesan cheese on hand and let everyone add as much as they like.