An easy way to add great flavor to seafood. Can be broiled or sauteed in a pan instead of grilled.
- 1 pound sea scallops or large shrimp or both
- 1 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ fresh thyme leaves slightly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ t. hot pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, garlic, pepper flakes and seasoning in a large plastic zip bag.
- Add the seafood and refrigerate for about an1 hour
- Place on skewers and grill on medium heat for about 5 minutes turning once just until they turn opaque.
Double the marinade and divide it into two bags. In the second bag add veggies and grill them for a great side dish. When grilling start with the vegetables as they take longer to cook then the seafood.