- 1 chicken cut into parts (I often just buy parts)
- 4-5 ribs of celery - chopped
- 3 carrots - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 c flour
- ½ t salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ t. baking soda
- 2 eggs - slightly beaten
- 1 T softened butter
- 4 medium potatoes
- ½ bag frozen green beans
- Saute celery, carrot and onions in some vegetable oil in a large stock pot. Add chicken. Cover chicken with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 - 2 hours or until the chicken is falling off the bone.
- Remove chicken from stock and let cool. Skim fat. Once chicken has cooled remove from bones and tear or chop into bite size pieces.
- Peel potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- To make the noodles mix together flour, salt, pepper and baking soda.
- Pour the flour mixture onto your counter. Make a well in the middle and the eggs and butter into the well. Fold the mixture together and add enough warm water until you can make a non-sticky dough ball.
- Cut the dough in half and roll it out until it is the size of a cookie sheet. Cut into 1-inch squares with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Bring stock back to a boil. Add potatoes. Add dough noodles one at a time by placing them where the bubbles are coming up. Stir in. Cook for ½ hour and then add in the chicken and green beans. Simmer for about 10 minutes and serve.