If you don't have a panini press you can use a Foreman grill or you can cook it on the stove in a frying pan. Just put some aluminum foil on top and press with another heavy object like a pan or even a brick.
- Ciabatti bread
- Fresh tomato slices
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- Several basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Slice the bread lengthwise.
- Cut into sandwich size pieces
- Drizzle the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Layer ingredients in this order. mozzarella, basil, tomato, more basil, and finish with another layer of mozzarella.
- Coat the outside of the bread with a little olive oil and cook until the cheese in oozing out the sides.