Make take on a traditional Hungarian dish called Rakott Krumpli. Great use for leftover ham and hard-boiled eggs.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 c thinly sliced cooked ham or sausage
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ c grated white cheddar
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Boil potatoes, then peel and slice them to about ¼ inch thick.
- Slice eggs with an egg slicer
- Butter a casserole dish
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom (1/3)
- Place ½ of the eggs onto the potatoes
- Then layer ½ of the ham
- Then about ⅓ of sour cream
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika
- Next layer half of the remaining potatoes
- Layer the remaining eggs
- Layer the remaining hams
- ½ of the remaining sour cream
- more salt, pepper and paprika
- The remaining potatoes
- The remaining sour cream
- More salt, pepper and paprika
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top
- Cover with foil and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking until top is golden.
- Let cool and serve