Serving size: Serves 4
- 4 large summer tomatoes - chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic - crushed
- ½ medium sweet onion - diced
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb. pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Start your pasta first. The sauce only takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan. Add the onions and saute on medium heat for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil and the pepper flakes and cook on low for another minute or so.
- Move your saucepan close to the pasta pot and transfer the pasta right into the saucepan.
- Add additional pasta water as desired.
- Stir and serve in the saucepan or transfer to a pasta bowl.
- Serve with Parmesan on the side and allow your guests to add a much as they want.