This is one my sister Laurie started making years ago.
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded
- ½ sweet onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ of a cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, with ribs and seeds removed
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro
- ½ t. coarse salt
- In a food processor or blender add garlic and onion. Chop for a few seconds. Add cilantro, pepper and cucumber. Chop again. Add tomatoes and salt and chop a final time.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
For the cilantro haters-- try substituting flat leaf parsley.