Here’s another oldie but goodie.
Using fresh fruit, packaged cookie dough and an easy cream cheese filling you can make a beautiful and tasty tart for everyone to enjoy.
For this one I arranged the fruit on a rectangular jelly roll pan in the shape of the US flag, but in the original recipe, that I learned from mom, was made on a round pizza pan. The original recipe also includes more fruit such as bananas, strawberries and peach slices which you would arrange in layers so that you would get a bit of everything when you cut the pie wedge.
For added taste and sparkle I used (this was on the original too) apricot preserves that I heated on the stove and added water to, making a nice glaze to spoon over the tart.
It’s really tasty and easy to make and just think of how creative you can get with your fruit choice and arrangement.
- 1 pkg refrigerator sugar cookie dough
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pint red raspberries
- ½ sugar
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 t vanilla
- ¼ c apricot preserves
- ¼ c water
- Spread the cookie dough on to a 15 x 10 jelly roll rectangular pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10 -15 or golden brown
- Let Cool.
- Combine sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Spread on cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit.
- In a saucepan heat preserves and water.
- Stir until the mixture make a nice then glaze.
- Let cool slightly and drizzle on tart.
- Serve or refrigerator until ready to serve