This recipe for 3 bean party dip is great any time of year. Whether you are watching the superbowl, a girls night out. or even a family picnic. It’s healthy, with homemade dressing, and can easily be served as a side dish.
3 Bean Party Dip
I originally tried this from my friend Lisa. She used a couple of bottled dressings and some different spices, but when I went to make it, I did not have what I needed, so I made my own dressing.
Serve this as a dip with scoop shaped tortilla chips, to make sure you get every bite.
Here’s the recipe:
Serves: 4 - 5 cups
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can chick peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup corn
- ½ c red onion finely diced
- ¼ c fresh cilantro chopped (can substitute flat leaf parsley or basil)
- ¼ c Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T. fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t. hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Make the dressing by chopping the garlic and cilantro in a food processor.
- Add mayo, juices, pepper flakes and salt and pepper and combine.
- Toss dressing with beans, onions, corn and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Serve with scoop-style tortilla chips.